MS 915 has established its School Leadership Team, and chosen its Parent and Staff members. The SLT also includes our principal, UFT representative, Parents Association President, a representative of our after school program and a student representative.
2019-20 Parent Members
- Andrea Alexander, One year term
- Ivana Espinet, One year term
- Enrique Figueroa, Two year term
- Christine Sugrue, Two year term
2019-20 Staff Members
- Nicole Marcellin
- Michelle Rosenberg
- Leigh Stumme
The main SLT function is to review the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). The CEP is a document submitted annually to provide a needs-assessment of the school as well as objectives designed to address the identified needs. The SLT also reviews the school’s budget to ensure it is aligned with the CEP objectives.
The SLT meets at regularly scheduled times (set at the beginning of the school year). All SLT meetings are open to the public, and families are encourage to attend. Meeting times will be included on the school calendar.
SLT Initiatives at MS 8 in 2018-19
- Equity and Diversity – The SLT worked to support students, teachers, and families in embracing and celebrating the diversity of our community and ensure that all members of our community feel welcome and safe.
- Wellness – The SLT expanded health education programming and explored other wellness initiatives for our middle school campus.